Sunday, March 8, 2009

1st outing of 2009






Today was an AMAZING day! It got up into the upper 70's, and so I was able to load up PePe' the Little Mule, and off to paint I went.

I worked my way East towards the parkway, and I found a wonderful overlook to kick off the painting season. Pine Spur Overlook. A beautiful view looking down on Franklin Co, VA. I started sketching on the canvas right after I set up, and the painting came quickly. Ahhh, the smell of the oil paints in the air after a long, cold winter! The painting was fast, and went well. A good start.

I met lots of nice folks, all of whom were very inquisitive about my work. It was VERY windy, so I spent the rest of the day tracking down new places to paint. I discovered some wonderful landscapes here in Floyd County, and there is one spot that I am "obsessed" over at this point. A wonderful barn up Rt. 221. In the afternoon, it catches the light so brilliantly, and so I need to figure out where to park so I can set up next time.

I hope you enjoy the photos, as much as I enjoyed the day. Until next time, happy painting!

joli

No comments: