Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow comes to Floyd! Also, I've finished up some Massachusetts paintings!








I finished up two new works of the coastline of West Gloucester, Mass. One, for a commission, and the other "just because." I was inspired by the incoming Hurricane Ida Nor'easter.....I loved working with the brush and sea grass around the dunes, a staple of the North Shore beaches, and the expansive shore at Wingaersheek Beach was even more so with the mackeral clouds overhead. I've places some "informal" pics here. The light was not as good as I had hoped today, so they aren't of the best quality.

In terms of technique, I used several washes of thinner oil paint, building up gradually, and adding detail as I went. It felt good to finish them and to be pleased. I have another commission, of a VA scene, in the works now, as well as the starts of another studio painting, this time inspired by the sunrise this morning over the snowy and cold pasturelands of Floyd. See the picture here. We had around 18 inches at our house, along with high winds and very cold temps. BUT, we ARE going to have a white Christmas! A very welcome sight.

As always, I will post my progress.....

I wish all my supporters a wonderfully warm holiday season full of love, family, and friends galore!

Until next time, may all your trees be happily decorated for the season!

joli

No comments: