Sunday, August 8, 2010

Yes, hay bales....a cliche'?










I started on the under drawings and under paintings for my hay bale paintings. At first, I found it a bit disturbing to paint on a colored ground. But as time went on, I actually found it EASIER to do so as the colors placed on top took on new life. My hope is that I will bring something (my style?) to a subject that many have painted. I may do some more, but for now, I have two larger paintings, and two "studies."

Overall, an excellent, and enjoyable, time in the studio today. It was a less-than-perfect atmosphere outside, so spending the time in the studio was great. I lost track of time, and before I knew it, the light was waning.

Let me know what you think! Until next time, stay creative!

joli

1 comment:

Spinypine said...

One of those sketches is decidedly not a hay bale.