Thursday, July 16, 2009

Painting Trip to Gloucester, Massachusetts


I've just returned from a wonderful week of painting along the coast of Cape Ann, Mass. Just north of Boston, it is a beautiful area full of small fishing towns, friendly people, and scenic harbors and shorelines. The weather was a little unpredictable, however even in the fog it was beautiful.


I was able to paint on location 4 times during my stay, getting some good starts to take back to the studio. Overall, I was able to capture the light, which was my goal. I will list each of the outings here separately, with some insight into what I experienced.


I hope to completely finish these pieces soon with all available for sale in my studio.


joli

1 comment:

Cape Ann Painter said...

Looks like you had a great time painting in Gloucester. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my home town.
There certainly are a lot of great places to paint here on Cape Ann.
On your next visit I would reccomend Going to Stage Fort Park, Easy Parking and some great views. I enjoy your work.
Take Care, Paul